B i o g r a p h y
Urszula Krukowska-Byzdra,(Ursula) Master of Arts in Cello, soloist
Ursula (1984) is a multiple prize winner of cello competitions. She has performed all over Europe and taken part in numerous festivals. One of the cellist’s most notable concerts was before the King of Saudi Arabia. Ursula’s image continuously represents her alma mater, Academy of Music in Lodz, both in Poland and South Korea, as well as in other countries. The year 2013 marked the establishment of her own Cellotree Management and Academy. At the moment Ursula is a soloist and manager of the Joy of Strings orchestra from Seoul (South Korea). She plays the Nicolas Charotte cello from 1830.
Ursula has given concerts in Poland, France, Sweden, Spain, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Hungary, and United Kingdom. She has taken part in Aurora Chamber Music Festival, Musica Moderna, Musica Viva Festival, Stage of Youth, Festival of Science, Art and Technology, Concert for the Victims of Holocaust in Lublin, Music in Chester Festival, ”Soloist in Performance:” evening with Eva Warren’s Musical Protégés in Frodsham Art & Music Club, Memorial Concerts for Eva Warren, and others. She has made recordings for Radio Lodz and Polish Television in her home town, Lublin.
Ursula’s musical achievements include: 1st place as Personality of the Month on the in 2009, 1st place as Musical Personality of the International Master Class in Kudowa Zdroj in 2008 (the prize from Maxim Vengerov’s manager, Jefim Stinerman), 1st place in the Lodz Conservatory String Instruments Competition (which gave Ursula an opportunity to represent her conservatory in the Yamaha Competition), semi-final in the Jozef Drohomirecki Cello Solo Competition in 2008, and 1st place in Zamosc in 1993 and 1994. Her other accomplishments include, among others: 2nd place in International Chamber Music Competition in Lodz in 2004, special prize for the best performance of the F. Mendelssohn piano trio d-minor, 3rd place in Wroclaw in 1995, 2nd place in Lublin in 1994, and 2nd place in Stalowa Wola in 1993. She has also been the grant holder of President of the City of Lublin.
Ursula also studied at Royal Conservatory in Brussels (Belgium). Her teachers included S. Firlej, T. Strahl, D. Polonski, J. Reuling, and O. Leka. She wrote an MA thesis titled “Personality, imagination and spirituality as the core message conveyed by the artist to the recipient of art.”
The cellist cooperated with Eva Warren in 2012/2013. Now she cooperates with Giuseppe Chiaramonte (Milano Italy), Piotr Switon (Germany/Poland), Dirk Verelst (Antwerp, Belgium), Raewyn Bailey, and Brian Heald (United Kingdom).
Ursula has written pieces for cello solo and made improvisations inspired by both Masaru Emoto’s philosophy as well as folk music from the mountains. One of the pieces is dedicated to Eva Warren.
Master of Arts, cellist
• The G. and K. Bacewicz Academy of Music in Lodz, Poland (2003-2008)
• Conservatoire Royal de Bruxelles, Belgium (2008)
• MA thesis title: Personality, Imagination and Spirituality as the Core Message Conveyed by the Artist to the Recipient of Art
S. Firlej, T. Strahl, D. Polonski, J. Reulling, and Olsi Leka
Simca Heled, Michael Flaksman, P. Uyterlinde, Andrzej Orkisz, Dominik Polonski, Stanislaw Firlej, Catalin Ilea, Valter Despalj, Jeroen Reulling and Tomasz Strahl, and Matthias Neumann
Selection of concerts and festivals that took place in the United Kingdom, Poland, France, Sweden, Spain, the Czech Republic, and Hungary:
• Music in Chester (Chester and Frodsham every year since 2013)
• Concerts in Liverpool, Birkenhead, Chester, Guilden Sutton, Flint,
• Aurora Chamber Music Festival
• W Strone Sztuki (Towards Art)
• Estrada Mlodych (Stage of the Youth)
• Concert for the victims of Holocaust in Lublin
• Festiwal Czterech Kultur (Four Cultures Festival)
• Musica Moderna
• Musica Viva Mistrz i Uczen (A master and an Apprentice) with prof. Stanislaw Firlej
• Festiwal Nauki, Sztuki i Techniki (Festival of Science, Art and Technology)
• Stage appearances with Lublin, Lodz and National Philharmonic Orchestras
Prizes and achievements:
• 1st place as Personality of the Month on the in 2009
• 1st place as Musical Personality of the International Master Class in Kudowa Zdroj in 2008 (the prize, received from Maxim Vengerov’s manager Jefim Stinerman, included concerts at International Festival Viva Musica in Iława (where she performed in a duo with Anna Wesolowska-Firlej), and in Cairo, Egypt)
• 1st place in the Lodz Conservatory String Instruments Competition in 2004 (the prize included an opportunity for Ursula to represent her alma mater in the Yamaha Competition)
• semi-final in the Jozef Drohomirecki International Cello Solo Competition in Katowice in 2008
• 1st place in Zamosc in 1993 and 1994
• 2nd place in International Chamber Music Competition in Lodz in 2004, where she also received special prizes for the best performance of F. Mendelssohn’s Piano Trio No. 1 in D minor, and for the best trio of Lodz
• 3rd place in Wroclaw in 1995
• 2nd place in Konkurs Mlodych Talentow (Young Talents Competition) in Lublin in 1994
• 2nd place in Stalowa Wola in 1993
• Grant holder of President of the City of Lublin
Urszula has made recordings for Radio Lodz and Polish Television. Her image continuously represents the Academy of Music in Lodz, both in Poland, South Korea and in other countries.
She has performed before the king of Saudi Arabia Abdullah Ibn Abd al-Aziz as-Saud.
Brian Heald, Raewyn Bailey, Eva Warren, Maxim Vengerov, Giuseppe Chiaramonte, Krzesimir Debski, Radzimir Debski, Anna Jurksztowicz, Lilianna Stawarz, Janusz Kukuryka, Ilya Rashkovskiy, Soyoung Yoon, Anna Maria Staskiewicz, Krzysztof Meisinger, Bernard Chmielarz, Tadeusz Krukowski, Anna Krawczyk, Tomasz Krawczyk, Fabio Bidini, Tomasz Bugaj, Marek M. Gasztecki, Muse Duke Nkuna, Agata Lichos, Marek Pijarowski, and Jonathan Brett
Cellotree Management and Cellotree Academy
In 2013 Urszula started her own management and academy
D. Połoński, J. Reulling and T. Strahl